The game is called Sic Bo also known as tai sai dai siu, big and small or hi-lo, meaning Small Big.
There are 8 different ways you can bet.
- You can bet on one specific number, which must appear on all three dice. This is called a Triple, and is either a 1,1, 1 or 2,2,2 or 3,3,3 or 4,4,4 or 5,5,5 or 6,6,6.
- You can bet on one number, which must appear on two of the three dice. This is called a Double, such as a 1,1 or 2,2 or 3,3 or 4,4 or 5,5, or 6,6.
- You can bet that the same number from 1 to 6 will appear on all three dice, such as either a 1,1, 1 or 2,2,2 or 3,3,3 or 4,4,4 or 5,5,5 or 6,6,6. This is called Any Triple.
- There is an area called Small where you bet that the sum of the three dice will be equal to 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 excluding a Triple.
- Also, there is an area called Big where you bet that the sum of the three dice will be equal to 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, or 17 excluding a Triple.
- On the Sic Bo layout, you can place a bet in an area with the numbers 4 to 17 written on them. Those numbers correspond to the sum of the three dice.
- You can bet on two different numbers, which must appear on at least two of the three dice. The dice combinations you can bet on are: 1 ,2 or 1 ,3 or 1 ,4 or 1 ,5 or 1 ,6 or 2,3 or 2,4 or 2,5 or 2,6 or 3,4 or 3,5 or 3,6 or 4,5 or 4,6 or 5,6, as long as the two numbers are not the same.
- The last type of bet is where you bet on a single number that must appear on one, two or all three dice. This is shown in the layout as the dice face of 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, or 5, or 6. The payout table of this bet depends on the following:
- If the number you chose appears on one of the three dice
- If the number you chose appears on two of the three dice
- If the number you chose appears on three of the three dice
Placing bets is permitted as long as there is a message on the screen saying "BETS PLEASE" or "LAST BETS PLEASE". Chip value is chosen by pressing on one of the chips. Chip value is in credits and the value of one credit is displayed on the button DENOM.
Player can place bets by choosing the chip with desired value and then press the field on the Sic Bo table (marked "BET HERE"), or simply drag-and-drop the chip to the table. Pressing the same spot on the table again increases the bet for the currently selected chip value.
Player can cancel his last bet by pressing the "CLEAR LAST BET" button. If more than one bet has been placed on the table, the
player can cancel all bets by pressing the "CLEAR ALL BETS" button. When the player presses the "REPEAT LAST BET" button after the end of the game, it will repeat his bet from the previous game. If button is pressed for 3 seconds, "AUTO REPEAT BET" option is enabled. This option auto repeats last bet until the button is pressed again.